Mango Salsa
This sweet salsa is a nice change from the usual store-bought fare. It’d be nice served at a party, because it’s pretty and colorful, and it was really easy to make.
Ingredients:
1 ripe mango, chopped
2-3 medium tomatoes (I used heirloom tomatoes in a few different colors), chopped
1 firm-ripe avocado, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, ribs and seeds removed, chopped finely
1 handful chopped cilantro
juice of 1 lime
salt to taste
1. Mix all ingredients together. Serve with chips or whatever else you eat with salsa.
Note: I’m totally inexperience with peppers. I’ve feared them my entire life until now. I don’t know why. Anyway, this salsa turned out SUPER mild. My guess would be to use two jalapeños if you want more heat (I’d prefer more heat next time I made this), or perhaps to keep the seeds instead of tossing them. If anyone more knowledgeable in this department has any suggestions for alternative peppers, please post them!
Note 2: I think this might have been good with a little chopped onion as well, but I’m not sure. Maybe some minced garlic too?

1 Comments:
Um, Okay, thanks for the comment. I'm glad that you feel...that way... about Mango Salsa. Cheers!
Post a Comment
<< Home